If you have not done so already, it might be time to think about the steps your clinic can take towards re-opening, including:
1. Modifying your patient communications to reflect your new protocols
Create or update Visual Connect and Visual Book templates ahead of time to inform your patients of:
- New hours
- Safety measures your clinic is taking
- Updated cancellation policies
- PDF intake forms that patients can fill out beforehand
2. Ensuring consistent messaging across your platforms
Make sure that you have the most current information shared throughout:
- Visual Connect
- Visual Book
- Your Website
- Social Media
- Your answering machine
- Signage on your front door
3. Thinking about ways to engage patients
When restrictions lift, you will want to plan how to reach out to those COVID-19 Cancelled patients to refill your schedule.
- Find, call, and reschedule COVID-19 Cancelled appointments from your scheduler screen; use your ToDo module to list patients that you cannot reach so they do not get forgotten.
- Filter COVID-19 Cancelled patients with recalls on your phone recall screen to contact and reschedule.
- Use Visual Connect to message your patients that you have re-opened.
- Send patients the link to your Visual Book calendar so they can schedule appointments on their own terms and fill any open spots.
4. Reviewing office procedures
Once operations resume, there will continue to be a need for safety protocols.
- Educate yourself on new college and health guidelines regarding: PPE requirements, proper sterilization, and social distancing.
- Consider dedicated computer terminals for individual staff members.
- Have appropriate supplies and signage to maintain these protocols.
- Reflect on other processes that may be affected by COVID-19 restrictions.
If you require assistance, please contact our Technical Support team ([email protected]s.ca or 403-314-1322 x 1) and they will be happy to assist you.