Losing patient data would be a huge detriment to your business and may negatively impact patient care. The secret to prevent losing your data: running regular and complete backups – including storing them offsite.
Ways clinic data can be compromised:
- Keep your server and your backups in a secure location.
2. Hardware Issues
- Ensure your server is properly maintained.
- Maintain and test any external hardware.
- Protect vulnerabilities by updating your operating system regularly.
- Remove any software you do not use.
- Watch for malicious emails.
- Use strong passwords and password managers.
- Make sure you are using recommended anti-virus programs and that you update them regularly.
- Keep a copy of updated backups offsite.
Who is responsible for backups?
- As the custodians of the patient charts, clinic owners are responsible for ensuring regular and effective backups are being completed.
- Visual-Eyes does not automatically backup your data for you.
We recommend contacting your IT specialist to perform a test of restoring your data from a current backup. This will give you peace of mind that should a server issue occur, we are able to get you back up and running with minimal downtime and information loss.